TIPS FOR TODAY:
# 1 –
# 2 – An excerpt from Rob Brezsny’s newsletter…..
We are dissident bodhisattvas rebelling against all those forces that feed
fear and ignore love.
We are spiritual freedom fighters rising up to protect nature and foment
peace and demand justice.
We are subversive mystics stoking the cool blue fires of poetry and
lobbying for the liberated imagination.
We are militant ecstatics invoking the transformative powers of pleasure
to sanctify and beautify our one and only Earth.
We are mutinous purveyors of grace who redistribute the wealth so that
all creatures may have the means to thrive.
# 3 – Good one!
# 4 – Two free events from The Shift Network you may want to check out….
- Look objectively at parts of yourself you have felt ashamed of and see the gifts they contain.
- Create a safe space in your writing to express “unallowable” thoughts, emotions, and experiences – without dwelling in them.
- Use writing to sense and feel different edges and dimensions of traumatic experiences and how they live in your body.
- Open to the bright and bold potentials within you.
You can save your seat here.
And here’s a second event….
We all know that unconditional love is one of the great goals of life. And yet, too often, our attempts to find a source of love that is not dependent on outer circumstances prove fruitless. That’s why the Shift Network is excited to invite you to join world renowned psychologist Margaret Paul. She will share her advanced insights and practices for experiencing less judgment and more true and lasting self-love during a virtual event called Advanced Teachings for Truly Loving Yourself: Deepening Unconditional Love & Self-Worth Through Inner Bonding (that’s a mouth full!) Thursday, August 6th at 5:30 pm Pacific.
During this special session, you’ll learn some of the most important foundational insights and practices in this approach that you can apply to cultivating self-love — the best foundation for going beyond addictions, dramas and dysfunctions of many kinds.
- Get a whole new understanding of what is causing depression and anxiety.
- Discover how to use self-love, instead of food, to fill emptiness.
- Approach new relationships from a stance of fullness rather than neediness.
- Make advances in healing core shame.
- Move out of stagnation into a life of aliveness, passion and sense of purpose.
- Learn how to share love rather than get love.
You can learn more and register here.
# 5 – And from Abe….
Your emotion, your indicator of vibration, is indicating the ratio between your currently focused desire and any other belief or thought that you hold about same. When you feel negative emotion, anger about something, or fear… the name of the emotion does not matter, it always means that there is a desire within you that, in this moment, you are contradicting with some other thought. Your emotions are always about your relationship with your own desire, and nothing else.—Abraham